Leading with Executive Presence
“Executive Presence is an interplay of a set of qualities of a leader that engage, inspire align and move people to act”
ConfidentSpeak has partnered with US based Bates Communications to bring you the first research based scientifically validated tool to measure leadership presence — The Bates ExPI™ (Bates Executive Presence Index™). This tool forms the framework for this bespoke programme.
Acquiring Executive Presence is a primary reason organisations seek coaching for leaders, yet there was no precise way to define, measure, and improve executive presence until now.
This tool is used to help leaders develop the presence and influence necessary for leading teams, driving strategy, and making an impact.
By increasing your leadership presence, it will increase others’ (1) interest in listening to you, (2) trusting you and (3) following your leadership.
WHAT IS EXECUTIVE PRESENCE?
It has long been acknowledged as a critical factor in leadership but it’s also an elusive term – “Skilled communicator”, “owns the room”, “has what it takes”, “inspiring”, “self-confident”, are phrases often used to describe a leader with executive presence.
The default assumption is to equate presence with appearance and presentation skills. While these factors are important, they make up only a small piece of the “executive presence puzzle” that helps leaders sustain goal-directed action in their organization.
Through extensive research in leadership, communications, psychology, social action theories and literature, Bates Communications has developed a comprehensive definition of executive presence that captures what the research tells us.
At its heart, Executive Presence is the interplay of a “set of qualities in a leader that engage, inspire, align and move people to act”
WHY IS EXECUTIVE PRESENCE IMPORTANT IN LEADERSHIP?
It provides leaders with valuable knowledge and tangible tools to motivate and inspire others, drive vision, strategy and results.
- This is not a personality assessment tool, it focuses on the actual leadership and business challenges the leader faces.
- Executive presence coaching is especially relevant for leaders ready to make their next career move, and leaders already on an executive level seeking more impact in the organization.
- This unique tool offers feedback that is insightful, actionable, specific, practical and relevant to business goals.
THE SCIENCE OF EXECUTIVE PRESENCE AND INFLUENCE
The Bates Executive Presence Index™ takes executive presence to a deeper level. Through extensive research in leadership, communications, psychology, and social action theories and literature.
The model clarifies executive presence within three critical dimensions: Character, Substance and Style.
Explore the ability to build trust and confidence
Explore the ability to inspire commitment and lead people to above-and-beyond effort.
Explore the abilities of communicative leadership which shape and sustain performance.
IS EXECUTIVE PRESENCE COACHING FOR YOU?
Do the following challenges resonate with you?
- Critical need to win buy-in, influence actions, get results
- Required to lead change, drive innovation, or execute major initiatives
- Important to understand how to influence C-Suite, peers, senior leaders and stakeholders
- Leading a team that needs to be engaged, motivated and inspired to go above and beyond
- Expand enterprise influence and impact across the organization or externally
- Fast-track transition into new role or new responsibilities
- Develop higher EQ, listening skills and ability to read the room
At Confidentspeak, we use the ExPI™ as a valuable starting point for our executive presence & coaching services. By increasing your executive presence, it will increase others’ (1) interest in listening to you, (2) trusting you and (3) following your leadership.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY