Lead with Executive Presence
“Executive Presence is an interplay of a set of qualities of a leader that engage, inspire align and move people to act”
ConfidentSpeak has partnered with US based Bates Communications to bring you the first research based scientifically validated tool to measure Executive Presence – The Bates ExPI™ (Bates Executive Presence Index™)
For years, organizations have recognized a gap in the executive presence their leaders need to drive business results. It is a primary reason organizations seek coaching for leaders, yet there was no precise way to define, measure, and improve executive presence.
This tool is used to help leaders develop the presence and influence necessary for leading teams, driving strategy, and making an impact.
By increasing your executive presence, it will increase others’ (1) interest in listening to you, (2) trusting you and (3) following your leadership.
It has long been acknowledged as a critical factor in leadership but it’s also an elusive term – “Skilled communicator”, “owns the room”, “has what it takes”, “inspiring”, “self-confident”, are phrases often used to describe a leader with executive presence.
The default assumption is to equate presence with appearance and presentation skills. While these factors are important, they make up only a small piece of the “executive presence puzzle” that helps leaders sustain goal-directed action in their organization.
Through extensive research in leadership, communications, psychology, social action theories and literature, Bates Communications has developed a comprehensive definition of executive presence that captures what the research tells us.
It provides leaders with valuable knowledge and tangible tools to motivate and inspire others, drive vision, strategy and results.
- This is not a personality assessment tool, it focuses on the actual leadership and business challenges the leader faces.
- Executive presence coaching is especially relevant for leaders ready to make their next career move, and leaders already on an executive level seeking more impact in the organization.
- This unique tool offers feedback that is insightful, actionable, specific, practical and relevant to business goals.
The Science of Executive Presence & Influence?
The Bates Executive Presence Index™ takes executive presence to a deeper level. Through extensive research in leadership, communications, psychology, and social action theories and literature.
- The model clarifies executive presence within three critical dimensions: Character, Substance and Style.
- The multi-rater tool measures perceptions of a leader’s strengths and development areas within 15 distinct facets under these three dimensions.
Explore the ability to build trust and confidence with the people around you.
Explore the ability to inspire commitment, inform action, and lead people to above-and-beyond effort.
Explore the abilities of communicative leadership which build motivation, and shape and sustain performance.